Wednesday 5 September 2012

A Healthy R.M.T. is a Happy R.M.T.

http://doitforjillian.tumblr.com/

So what do you do to stay in shape?

Have you noticed that Massage Therapists look really good from behind? Or their arms make Popeye look like a wimp?

Obviously the profession of Massage Therapy is physically demanding and one can maintain a certain level of fitness just by working.

In order to perform our profession well, we have to be active, healthy, and in good shape. We need the physical endurance and the energy to provide effective care for our clients.
Maintaining good health sets an example for our clients and those meeting us for the first time.

I am fortunate to be someone who enjoys working out and I reap the benefits of it. I realized early in my career that my regular fitness routine at the gym was helping me in my profession. My muscles felt stronger, my posture and mechanics were good, and I had energy even after five massage clients. I know that keeping active will also help to prevent injuries.

It is not surprising that my colleagues are healthy and active individuals enjoying a variety of activities. Some are Triatheletes and some have even participated in an Ironman event. Many enjoy yoga classes, pilates, salsa dance lessons, and even Pole Fitness.  

1 comment:

  1. may I ask who that is in your picture there, she looks extremely familiar....

    ReplyDelete