Sunday 9 September 2012

Les Perks


There are so many great perks to being a Registered Massage Therapist. In no particular order, I will salute a few.

I am my own boss. I am self-employed and therefore I get to set my own hours and decide where I want to work. I want to book time off? Done!

My days are not nine to five (thank God), and I almost always enjoy traveling in the opposite direction of rush hour traffic.

A massage therapist cannot work an eight-hour workday. I typically work six hours a day and see approximately five clients.

I am typically busiest on evenings and weekends. Therefore, when I go to the grocery store on a Wednesday morning, it’s as if they opened it just for me! The same goes for the mall, going to the gym, and getting a haircut etc.

Have you ever wished that your keyboard would turn into a fluffy pillow while you nap at work? A massage therapist always has access to comfy massage tables, pillows and blankets to nap on... not to mention soft lighting and relaxing music. Yes, I have been so tired some days that I have taken a nap at work if I have a large break between clients, and I did not get in any trouble for doing it!

I have access to a massage therapist in my workplace. So if I need someone to quickly squeeze a tight trapezius muscle, or stretch out a scalene, I can just ask.

Most of my clients are very happy to see me, as I am happy to see them.

There are typically fifteen minutes between clients to change over the sheets on the massage table. There is not usually a “dinner” break scheduled, so I eat small bites such as veggies and dip, yogurt, or fruit. This keeps me in good shape because there is absolutely no time to sit down to a full meal.

I work in a low stress environment.

I know I have missed a lot, so please share some of your perks about being an R.M.T.

Have a great day at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment