Sunday 19 August 2012

Massage Beats


What typical music can you expect to hear during your massage? 
You can expect waves crashing on a beach, birds in the trees, and classical. This music is relaxing, calming, and allows you to escape. When a client enjoys the music I play, I like to hear about it. I appreciate when they let me know what they like and I will try to play it for them the next time they come in for a massage. Only a few times have I heard a client doesn't like the music I play. I also appreciate when they let me know they don’t like the music. The music that is least popular is music with lyrics.

Being in the profession for almost seven years now, I have listened to a lot of waves crashing on the beach, birds in the trees, and Pachaebel's Canon in D. I often try to experiment with music I will enjoy as well as music the client would enjoy. My new favourite is the Internet radio station “Jango” www.jango.com and its Chillout/Downtempo Station. Thank goodness for wifi!

Since my client is paying for this time to relax and escape, I strongly encourage anyone getting a massage to bring his or her own music. I have heard some stories of Massage Therapists inviting clients to bring their own music and one client walked in with Metallica, another with show tunes.

The last time I was down south with friends, we were all relaxing on the beach after dark, enjoying the sound of waves crashing on the shore.  It wasn’t long before I got up and had to leave with the excuse that it felt like I was at work, and was lucky I could listen to waves on the shore all day if I wanted to ;)

For a laugh, search YouTube for Dane Cook making fun of his experience dating a massage therapist and his interpretation of spa music. Be advised that Dane Cook is not family friendly, but I find him hilarious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment